Picture this: a warm summer’s day, the sun shining down on you, and the sweet smell of strawberry filling the air. And what better way to enjoy this delightful fruit than in a creamy, decadent cheesecake? This Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake Recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion – birthdays, dinner parties, or just a simple family gathering.
Whether you are a seasoned baker or just looking to try your hand at something new, this recipe is not only easy to follow but also customizable to your preferences. The combination of fresh strawberries and rich cream cheese topped with a dollop of tangy sour cream and a touch of Irish cream liqueur will have you coming back for seconds – we guarantee it!
So why wait? Whether it’s a birthday celebration or just a lazy summer evening, indulge yourself and your loved ones with this delicious Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake Recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen close, friends. I’m about to give you the low-down on one of the most mouth-watering cheesecake recipes out there: Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake.
Firstly, it’s a fresh take on the classic cheesecake that we all know and love. Replace that ordinary cream cheese filling with a smooth mixture of sour cream and Irish cream liqueur, creating a heavenly balance between creamy, tangy and boozy flavors.
But let’s not forget about the star ingredients here – fresh strawberries! Who can resist the sweetness and juiciness of these little berries? The addition of strawberries to this cheesecake not only brightens up the taste but also adds a touch of sophistication to your dessert.
Now, let me address the elephant in the room – baking. Don’t let “bake” scare you off because it’s as easy as pie (pun intended). Plus, who can resist that freshly baked smell filling up your kitchen?
Lastly, this cheesecake is versatile enough for any occasion. Celebrating a birthday? Serve this cheesecake for an extra special dessert. Hosting a dinner party? Impress your guests with homemade Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake. Have I convinced you yet on why you’ll love this recipe?
- Graham cracker crumbs: 1 and 1/2 cups
- Unsalted butter: 1/3 cup, melted
- Granulated sugar: 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- Fresh strawberries: 2 cups, hulled and sliced
- Cream cheese: 24 ounces (three 8-ounce packages), softened
- Sour cream: 1 cup
- Eggs: 3 large
- Vanilla extract: 2 teaspoons
- Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys): 1/4 cup
- All-purpose flour: 3 tablespoons
Make sure to use fresh strawberries for this recipe. They will provide the cheesecake with the perfect amount of sweetness and tanginess. You also need to soften the cream cheese at room temperature to ensure a smooth mixture. As for the irish cream liqueur, I recommend using Baileys for its rich and creamy flavor.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s talk about how to make this scrumptious Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake Recipe! Follow the steps below and in no time, you’ll have a decadent dessert on your hands.
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 600g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 200ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 150ml Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled
- Preheat your oven to 160C (or 325F) and grease a springform pan with butter.
- In a food processor, blitz the digestive biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the melted butter and press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan. Chill in your fridge for ten minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Add in sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and sour cream to the cream cheese mixture, one ingredient at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Sprinkle flour into the mixture and slowly stir in the Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur .Ensure that there are no lumps present in the mixture.
- Pour half of the cheesecake batter on top of your chilled crust.
- Slice your strawberries thinly and arrange them in a single layer over the cheesecake batter.
- Pour remaining cheesecake batter over the strawberry layer.
- Bake the cheesecake for an hour in your preheated oven or until it’s almost set but slightly wobbly when you shake it slightly from side to side.
- Let it cool down in the oven by leaving the door slightly open before transferring it to the refrigerator to chill for at least four hours or until overnight.
- Garnish your cheesecake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream before serving.
Note: To achieve the best texture and flavor, make sure to bring your ingredients to room temperature before making the cheesecake. And don’t forget to use a water bath during baking!
Substitutions and Variations
For those who enjoy playing with flavors and textures, here are some substitutions and variations to try out with this Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake recipe.
– Cream cheese: You can use a vegan cream cheese alternative, or swap it for ricotta cheese for a slightly different texture.
– Digestive biscuits: If you can’t find digestive biscuits, you can use graham crackers or shortbread cookies instead.
– Butter: Unsalted butter can be substituted with coconut oil if you prefer a dairy-free version.
– Gelatine: If you’re vegetarian or vegan, you can use agar agar to set the cheesecake.
– Strawberries: Try using other berries such as raspberries or blueberries to switch up the flavor profile.
– No-bake strawberry cheesecake: Skip the oven and make a no-bake version by using whipped cream instead of eggs and cream cheese.
– Baileys Irish Cream chocolate cheesecake: Swap out the fresh strawberries for chocolate chips and add Baileys Irish Cream liqueur for a decadent twist.
– Birthday cake cheesecake: Mix in some sprinkles with the graham cracker crust for a festive look and feel.
Experimenting with different substitutions and variations is key to finding your own unique twist on this classic recipe. Enjoy!
Serving and Pairing
This cheesecake is a showstopper and the perfect dessert to impress your guests. The creamy filling paired with the strawberry topping makes for a delicious flavor combination that is sure to please. I recommend garnishing this dessert with sliced fresh strawberries or whipped cream for an extra touch of sweetness.
When it comes to serving, this cheesecake is best enjoyed chilled. Allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving. It can also be served frozen for a more refreshing treat on hot summer days.
As for pairing, I suggest serving this cheesecake with a side of Baileys Irish Cream, which perfectly complements the sweet and tangy flavors of the strawberry-and-cream filling. For an extra indulgent experience, try drizzling some chocolate sauce over your slice of cheesecake.
This dessert is also versatile enough to pair well with a variety of other beverages. Serve it with a piping hot cup of coffee or tea for an after-dinner treat, or pair it with a glass of dessert wine for a fancy occasion.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair this Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake recipe, it is sure to be an unforgettable and delicious experience for all.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
I understand that you might have an event or party coming soon, and you don’t want to rush making the Irish Strawberry-and-Cream Cheesecake. The good news is that this recipe can be prepared in advance, and it stores well for a few days.
After baking and cooling your cheesecake, cover it tightly with cling film or an airtight lid. Store it in the refrigerator for up to four days, ensuring there are no strong-smelling foods nearby as cheesecakes tend to absorb scents easily. If you have leftovers, transfer them into an airtight container then store the fridge.
When you’re ready to consume, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator half an hour before serving to allow it to come back to room temperature. If desired, cut a piece of fresh strawberry and put it on the top of each slice before serving for added color and flavor.
If reheating is needed, preheat your oven first before placing your cheesecake inside (preferably on the lower shelf) at a temperature of 160°C/140°C fan/gas mark 3 for about 20-25 minutes or until warmed through. Avoid microwaving as it can funny texture.
With these simple make-ahead and storage tips, you’ll always have fresh Irish Strawberry-and-Cream Cheesecake readily available whenever you crave them!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure a perfect Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake, here are some helpful tips that I have learned while experimenting with this recipe:
1. Soften the cream cheese
Make sure to set out the cream cheese at room temperature for 30 minutes before starting the recipe. Softened cream cheese will blend more easily with the other ingredients, resulting in a smooth and creamy cheesecake.
2. Do not overmix
Overmixing the batter can cause the cheesecake to rise too much during baking and then crack or sink in the center when it cools. Mix just enough to combine all of the ingredients thoroughly, but don’t overdo it.
3. Use high quality ingredients
To achieve maximum flavor in each bite, it’s important to use high-quality ingredients. I recommend using fresh strawberries, real Irish cream liqueur and high-fat cream cheese for a rich, velvety texture.
4. Press crust firmly
When making the crust, make sure to press it firmly into the bottom of the pan using your fingertips or the bottom of a flat glass. A firm crust ensures that it holds together during slicing and serving, and doesn’t crumble when you try to cut through it.
5. Use a water bath while baking
To prevent cracking on top: place your cheesecake pan in a larger baking dish filled with hot water about halfway up. This will create steam in the oven which helps prevent cracking on top and promotes even cooking.
6. Let it cool gradually.
When the cheesecake is finished baking, turn off the oven and let it sit inside for 20-30 minutes before removing it. After that take it out and cool at room temperature for another 20-30 minutes before cooling completely in refrigerator for several hours until completely set.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and delicious Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake every time!
As I’m sure you’re eager to try this delicious Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake recipe, I anticipate you may have some questions. Don’t worry, because in this segment, I will be answering frequently asked questions to ensure your cheesecake turns out perfectly. Let’s get started!
What is an Irish creme cheesecake?
Indulge in the rich and flavorful Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake, which is generously infused with Bailey’s Irish Cream, and garnished with a luscious layer of chocolate ganache and Oreo crust! This dessert is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, and is bound to impress your loved ones with its irresistible sweetness.
Does cheesecake have cheese?
One type of cake that is rich and creamy is cheesecake, which is crafted using eggs, sugar, and a variety of fresh cheeses like ricotta, cream cheese, mascarpone, or cottage cheese.
In conclusion, this Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake recipe is a must-try for anyone who enjoys delightful and decadent desserts. With its smooth, creamy texture, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The key to achieving perfect results is to follow the instructions carefully, use high-quality ingredients, and take your time. So why not give it a try? It’s a dessert that will have everyone coming back for more.
Once you’ve tried this recipe, you’ll understand why it’s so beloved by those who have discovered it. The rich flavor of Bailey’s Irish Cream works perfectly with the tartness of fresh strawberries, while the cream cheese and sour cream provide the perfect creamy base. And with its beautiful presentation and irresistible taste, this is a dessert that is perfect for any special occasion.
So go ahead and indulge in this delicious Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake. Whether you’re preparing it for a party, special event or simply as an indulgent treat, it’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests. With its irresistible combination of creamy cheesecake and tangy strawberries, this dessert is truly a feast for the senses. So what are you waiting for? Get baking and enjoy all the rich flavors of this delicious cheesecake today!
Irish Strawberry-And-Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup irish cream (Bailey's Irish Cream)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- strawberry (whole or sliced)
- In a bowl, stir the first 3 ingredients together; press mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack; decrease oven temperature to 300°.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and flour until mixture is smooth—use an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gradually add in the vanilla and Irish cream, beating just until blended.
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Add in ¾ cup sour cream, beating just until blended.
- Pour half the batter into prepared crust; dollop strawberry preserves over batter; gently swirl batter with a knife to create a marbled effect; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 300° for 55 minutes or until edges of cheesecake are set (center of cheesecake will not appear set).
- Turn oven off; let cheesecake stand in oven 15 minutes; remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around the edge of cheesecake to loosen.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Release and remove sides of pan; spread remaining ½ cup sour cream evenly over top of cheesecake (optional)-- I don’t like the taste of unadorned sour cream so I would leave this off.
- Garnish with whole strawberries.
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Brian is a British chef cum food blogger who has been in the kitchen since he was a young lad. Growing up in Manchester, he developed a passion for cooking and a keen eye for the perfect dish. He now runs his own blog and YouTube channel, which is dedicated to sharing his passion for food with the world.