Hello there, my fellow foodies! Today, I want to share with you my favorite recipe for English Muffin Artichoke Pizzas. These mini pizzas are packed with flavor and are so easy to make that even the most inexperienced cooks will have impressive results.
When I first tried these muffin pizzas, I was blown away by how delicious they were. The combination of crispy English muffins topped with a tangy pizza sauce, cheesy mozzarella, and artichoke hearts creates the perfect bite-sized snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Plus, with a few simple substitutions or variations, you can customize the recipe to fit your personal taste preferences or dietary restrictions.
I love making these muffin pizzas on busy weeknights when I don’t have much time to cook or when I’m craving a quick snack. They’re perfect for game day appetizers or movie night snacks, and they always satisfy my pizza cravings without having to order take-out.
So, grab your apron and let’s get started on this easy and delicious English Muffin Artichoke Pizzas recipe! Trust me; your taste buds won’t regret it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
English Muffin Artichoke Pizzas are the perfect combination of savory flavors and crispy textures. This is not your average pizza recipe, it’s a delicious twist on traditional pizza that will satisfy your taste buds in ways you never imagined.
There are many reasons why you’ll love this recipe. First and foremost, it’s incredibly easy to make. You can whip up these mini pizzas in just a few minutes using simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Another reason to love this dish is that it’s versatile. You can modify the toppings to suit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. Add some sliced pepperoni or diced red peppers for extra flavor, or swap out the cheese for a vegan alternative.
Using English muffins as the base of this recipe gives it a unique and satisfying crunch that you won’t find in traditional pizza crusts. Plus, they’re the perfect size for serving as an appetizer at parties or for quick snacks throughout the day.
These muffin pizzas are also a great way to get picky eaters to try new foods. The artichoke hearts and pimientos add a delicious Mediterranean twist to this classic meal, while the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses give it a rich, indulgent flavor.
Finally, this recipe is a healthier alternative to typical calorie-laden pizzas. By using whole wheat or oat bran English muffins and fresh ingredients like spinach and artichoke hearts, you can feel good about indulging in this tasty treat without feeling guilty.
Overall, there are so many reasons why you’ll love this recipe – from its ease of preparation to its versatility and health benefits. So why not give it a try? You may just discover your new favorite go-to recipe for quick and delicious meals.
Let’s start with the ingredients for this English Muffin Artichoke Pizzas recipe. You will need:
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 package English muffin, use whole wheat, oat bran
- 1 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 ounce jar of sliced pimientos (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
All of these can be easily found at any grocery store. Don’t hesitate to make substitutions or variations depending on your personal preferences.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Preparing the English Muffin Pizza Base
First, preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C). Then, take 4 English muffins and split them in half. You can use either whole wheat or regular english muffins for this recipe. Place the muffin halves on a baking sheet.
Step 2: Adding the Pizza Sauce and Toppings
Take 1/4 cup of pizza sauce and spread it evenly on each of the english muffin halves. You could also substitute the pizza sauce for a spinach artichoke dip if you wanted to make it more interesting.
Next, add the toppings onto your muffin pizzas. Start with adding 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each pizza. Then, add 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos and 1 tablespoon of chopped artichoke hearts, evenly distributed across each pizza. Lastly, add red pepper flakes according to your taste preference.
Step 3: Baking Your Muffin Pizzas
Bake your muffin pizzas in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes. Your pizzas are ready when they turn slightly golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Step 4: Adding Parmesan Cheese
Once your pizzas are out of the oven, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over each one for added flavor.
Enjoy your delicious homemade English Muffin Artichoke Pizzas!
Substitutions and Variations
Welcome to the fifth part of this English Muffin Artichoke Pizzas recipe article, where we will explore substitutions and variations for this mouth-watering dish. As with any recipe, there are always ways to modify ingredients based on personal preferences and dietary restrictions. Here are some suggestions to make these English muffin pizzas even more delicious:
• Cheese: While we call for shredded mozzarella cheese in this recipe, you can substitute it with other types of cheese, such as cheddar or provolone. For an extra savory flavor, try adding grated parmesan cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
• English muffins: You can use whole wheat or multi-grain English muffins instead of the traditional ones. Oat bran English muffins also make a great alternative for those looking for a healthier option.
• Sauce: If you’re not a big fan of pizza sauce, you can switch it up by using tomato sauce with added herbs or even spinach artichoke dip.
• Toppings: The options are endless when it comes to toppings. Try adding diced red peppers or pimientos to give the mini pizzas a bit of a kick. You can also add sliced pepperoni or cooked sausage for those who prefer meaty toppings.
• Mini Pizzas: These muffin pizzas are already mini in size but if you want them to be even smaller, you can create bite-sized versions by making homemade pizza bites with pizza crust or even air frying them in an air fryer.
• Toaster Oven: If you don’t have access to an oven or if you want to make a quick and easy snack, these muffins add well in a toaster oven.
By using these substitutions and variations, you’ll add your own flair to this recipe and create unique combinations that appeal to your palate. Be creative and enjoy experimenting with your own ideas!
Serving and Pairing
Once you’ve made these delicious English muffin artichoke pizzas, it’s time to serve them and enjoy! These mini pizzas are perfect as an appetizer or as a quick and easy meal.
I recommend pairing these muffin pizzas with a side salad or some fresh fruit to balance out the deliciously cheesy and savory flavors of the pizza. A salad with spinach, arugula or mixed greens would work well, along with some cherry tomatoes and a light vinaigrette.
For drinks, I suggest enjoying these pizzas with a cold beer or glass of white wine. Something light and refreshing will complement the flavors of the pizza perfectly. Alternatively, if you prefer non-alcoholic options, try serving these muffin pizzas with iced tea or sparkling water for something bubbly.
You can also get creative with toppings and serving options for these English muffin artichoke pizzas. Try experimenting with different cheese combinations – adding some parmesan cheese or pimientos can give your pizza an extra pop of flavor.
These mini pizzas make the perfect party food too. Arrange them on a platter and serve them at your next gathering as homemade pizza bites – they’re sure to impress your guests!
Overall, these easy English muffin artichoke pizzas are versatile and can be served in several ways to suit different occasions. Enjoy them as a fun and tasty snack or as a quick meal any time of the day!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you’ve mastered the art of making these delightfully tasty English muffin artichoke pizzas, it’s time to think about how you can make them ahead of time, store them, and reheat them perfectly.
If you’re hosting an event or planning a party, you can make these muffin pizzas ahead of time and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. However, it is recommended to store the toppings and the English muffins separately to prevent any sogginess or spoilage. Keeping them separate will also give you more flexibility in terms of the baking time too.
When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 375°F and place the toppings on the muffins before sprinkling the shredded mozzarella cheese. Arrange them on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden brown.
For leftovers, allow the pizzas to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should last for 2-3 days in the fridge. To reheat these artichoke pizza muffins, place them on a baking sheet and heat at 350°F for about 5-7 minutes or until warm.
For a quick reheating option, try using an air fryer! Place your English muffin artichoke pizzas into your air fryer basket and cook at 370°F for around 2-3 minutes or until heated through properly.
Overall, these little muffin pizzas are incredibly versatile when it comes to storage and reheating options. Whether you’re meal-prepping for busy weeknights or hosting guests at a party – this recipe is one that can easily be customized as per your preferences while still retaining its freshness and flavor!
Tips for Perfect Results
One of the keys to making great English muffin artichoke pizzas is the choice of ingredients. Fresh and good quality ingredients can do wonders for any recipe, and this pizza recipe is no exception. Here are some tips that I recommend to ensure that your English muffin artichoke pizzas turn out perfectly every time:
1. Use freshly grated mozzarella cheese: While pre-packaged shredded mozzarella cheese is a timesaver, it often contains anti-caking agents that may prevent the cheese from melting evenly. It’s best to grate the cheese yourself for optimal results.
2. Drain the Artichokes: To prevent a soggy crust, make sure to drain canned or jarred artichoke hearts really well before using them in this recipe. Use a paper towel to pat the excess moisture off them.
3. Use whole grain or wheat english muffins: Using whole grain or wheat english muffins instead of white ones will add more nutrition and fiber content to your dish.
4. Add red pepper flakes for extra flavor: If you like a little bit of heat in your food, adding some red pepper flakes is a great way to add some kick to this pizza recipe.
5. Bake or Air Fry the Pizzas: This English muffin artichoke pizzas recipe can be made by baking them in an oven or air frying them in an air fryer. Please note that cooking times and temperature may vary depending on the method being used.
6. Serve with Salad: Serve your pizzas with a simple salad on the side, such as a spinach and artichoke salad, to balance out the richness of this dish.
By following these tips, you will have a delicious and nutritious meal ready in minutes. Enjoy!
I hope you give this recipe a try and discover why English muffin artichoke pizzas are my new go-to comfort food. With its easy-to-follow instructions, customizable ingredients, and delectable taste, it’s no wonder why these mini pizzas are a hit! With only a few key ingredients, such as shredded mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and English muffins split in half, you can create a delicious meal in mere minutes. The beauty of these pizzas is their versatility, allowing for endless creativity with toppings to suit diverse preferences. Not to mention, they make for an excellent party appetizer or an afternoon snack.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and enjoy making this quick and easy recipe that will surprise and satisfy you on any given day! Don’t be afraid to experiment with different toppings like spinach artichoke blend or a splash of ranch dressing—that way every bite is uniquely delightful to your senses. Trust me—once you try these English muffin artichoke pizzas, there is no going back to ordinary cheese pizza or pepperoni pizza again!
English Muffin Artichoke Pizzas Recipe
- 1 package English muffin (I use whole wheat or oat bran)
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- Cut the English Muffins in half and toast lightly.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except for 1/4 cup Parmesan to sprinkle on the top.
- Spread the cheese mix onto the muffin crusts and sprinkle the saved Parmesan on top.
- Bake at 375 for around 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Brian is a British chef cum food blogger who has been in the kitchen since he was a young lad. Growing up in Manchester, he developed a passion for cooking and a keen eye for the perfect dish. He now runs his own blog and YouTube channel, which is dedicated to sharing his passion for food with the world.